I bought this pattern at least 12 months ago and even though it made it to the top of the pile numerous times, it always remained ‘unmade’
After a failed attempt at another Simplicity pattern where the waistband was just too small, I made this with some modifications. A friend recently made a scrunchie waistband and I decided that could be the comfort answer I was after in an extreme heat dress. I did some dodgy patternmaking, laying the bodice and skirt pieces together, blending and cutting all in one go to make a sheath dress with a belt.
The fabric has a crinkle finish and came from Spotlight. I’m pretty sure it was from the Lisette range.
The pattern called for a twice turned narrow hem, but I used the narrow rolled hem on my overlocker
After seeing photos I will go back and make some alterations. I will fit the bodice under the arms and sculpt it at the waist to remove some of the fabric bulk and make the scrunchie smaller
And after seeing this I’m going back to make it again, with the waistband and pockets. I like this little cap sleeve and the length too
2497 will see another day!